Mortgage Adviser Hinckley




If you are looking to protect your home and possessions, at Marc Catry, we can assist in helping you when it comes to choosing the best buildings and contents insurance plans to protect your home and your assets. In addition, we can help with insurance renewals, which could save you more money in the long term.




buildings insurance, Mortgage Adviser in Hinckley

contents insurance, Mortgage Adviser in Hinckley



  Buildings Insurance

All mortgage lenders make it a requirement that you have buildings insurance to protect your property. If the worst should happen, and there is a fire, flooding or subsidence, a good insurance plan will pay out to cover the repair from this damage.

Most buildings insurance will also cover the damage to any fixed fittings you’ll find in the kitchens and bathrooms. This can also cover sheds, garages, outhouses and greenhouses.

When you apply for a mortgage, buildings insurance will be offered to you from the mortgage lender. However, this is not always the best plan, and it is a good idea to have a look around for the most appropriate plan.

When Might I Not Need Buildings Insurance?

If you have purchased a leasehold property (this is generally when you purchase an apartment within a block of flats), you may find that the freeholder has arranged buildings insurance for the whole block. If this is the case, you could already by covered. The best thing to do is to contact the freeholder to ask about this. Have a chat with us at Marc Catry for any help you may need in this area.

Mortgage Adviser in Hinckley, insuring your property


What Isn't Covered In Buildings Insurance?

Building Insurance cover is determined by how much it would cost to rebuild your house if it were totally destroyed. The Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) website has a valuable tool, which allows you to work out the right amount you should have your home insured for.

All insurers will make it a requirement that you need to inform them of any plans to add an extension to your home, such as loft conversions and conservatories.


Keeping Cost Down

As with most purchases, the best thing to do when it comes to buildings insurance is to look around for the best deal. Nowadays you can also purchase buildings insurance and contents insurance in one package.

You may find that with a lot of buildings insurance policies, the excess charge is rather high – so your initial payment is significantly higher. However, the benefit of doing this is that the cheaper the policy will turn out to be in the long run.

Mortgage Adviser in Hinckley, insurance





Benefits Include


1. Accidental Damage Cover

2. Building Cover

3. No Claims Discount

4. Legal Liability

5. Metered Water

6. Loss of rent or costs for alternative accommodation.




Talk to Us About Buildings Insurance Today

With life, you can never be too sure what will happen in the future. The best way to be prepared for any major mishap that may materialise is to be insured. When it comes to damage to your property, the only way to cover homeowners and landlords is through a good buildings insurance policy. At Marc Catry, we can help you find the best buildings insurance to suit your circumstance.

  Call Us Today


  Contents Insurance

What it's For


Should you suffer loss or damage to any of your possessions inside your home, contents insurance will cover you. This will include furniture, applicants, electrical goods and personal effects.

Many contents insurance plans will also cover for possessions you normally carry with you when you leave your home, such as jewellery, phones and laptops.

Standard contents insurance will protect your possessions against things such as fire and theft, while others have options to cover you for other misfortunes such as accidents.

Mortgage Adviser in Hinckley, contents insurance


What isn't Covered

Insurance providers set a maximum they will pay out should one of your belongings be lost or damaged. Some companies limit this pay out for certain items, and you will need to inform the insurance company about your more expensive possessions such as jewellery.

In addition, if you go on holiday or leave your home unattended for lengthy periods, this will have an impact on your insurance.

Contents Insurance will not cover any damage to the building – this is what buildings insurance is designed for.


Keeping Costs Down

A lot of insurance companies will give you a reduction in the cost of your policy if you make your home more secure. This can be done by installing burglar alarms and/or CCTV cameras in your home.

Finding a combined contents and buildings insurance policy can sometimes be the best option for homeowners and it can be worth looking at these combined insurance packages.

Most insurance policies have a typical excess charge to pay in the beginning. This normally means you pay a chunk of the initial cost of the claim. This normally equates to around £100 or £200. The benefit of paying a higher excess is that the policy will work out cheaper in the long run.


Level Of Cover

“New for Old” policies can be taken out, and these will exchange your old and broken appliances and possessions for new ones when you make a claim.

This will affect your premiums for the following year, and your insurance company could refuse you cover for the same item if damage occurs more than twice.

Come in for a friendly chat with your local independent mortgage and insurance adviser in Hinckley, so you can discuss the various options available to you and where to look.

Mortgage Adviser in Hinckley, insuring your belongings against theft





What is Covered?


1. Accidental Damage Cover

2. Credit Card Misuse 

3. Deeds, Registered Bonds and Personal Documents

4. No Claims Discount

5. Domestic Outbuilding Contents (other than       Garages) 

6. Door Lock Replacement 

7. Frozen Food 

8. Garden

9. Gold, Silver, Jewellery and Furs

10. Money

11. Seasonal / Wedding Increase Info





 Contact us Today to Find the best deals on Contents Insurance

By protecting your possessions with contents insurance, you can relax and rest easy knowing you’re well prepared for any misfortune. Contact us to book an appointment with one of our mortgage advisers in Hinckley for expert advice and assistance.

  Call us Today


Copyright © 2020 Marc Catry. All Rights Reserved
FPS Financial is a trading style of Marc Catry who is a Registered Individual to Andrew Groves who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Registered office: FPS Financial, 66 St. Nicolas Park Drive, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 6DJ. Telephone 02476 351 151.
The guidance and/or advice contained in this website is subject to UK regulatory regime and is therefore restricted to consumers based in the UK. . 
This site is only directed at persons within the UK. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.